Friday, July 1, 2011

HTC Mobile Phones - EVO Sprint - Overview


HTC Mobile Phones - EVO Sprint - Overview

I should rename my blog The Evo Fan Page, I love this phone. The other day we received two beautiful white Evo 4Gs and the Evo Shift 4G for my daughter, in a word wow! These are the most gorgeous phones I've ever seen, the white backing on the Evo is as elegant as a Ferrari. Ivy opted for the Shift because she loves to have a real keyboard, while not as big as the regular Evo it is still a work of art and lightning fast to boot.

I can't put this phone down, its just a pleasure to use this device. Every app runs like a dream and the live wallpapers look amazing. Finally a device that does hwat you want when you want it done. Press the camera button and it instantly opens and is ready to shoot, there is no hesitation whatsoever no matter what you want to do. This phone browses the internet faster than my home PC, its just amazing folks.

Speaking of the camera it is 8 megapixels and the shift has a 5 megapixel camera, these phones take fantastic photos and have brilliant flashes as well. The Evo has a front facing camera which the Shift does not so now we can use the awesome video chat program Qik for Android. The video quality was nothing short of greatness and even tho the Shift doesn't have a front camera it still can make video calls and just hold it to a mirror and you dont have to turn it around to show yourself lol.

The first place i went after Fedex dropped the phones off was to buy cases at Best Buy. I wasn't impressed with the selection, it would be better to order online but we needed protection for them asap. We did get lucky and I am super pleased with my Otter Box Commuter series case and Ivy loves the white case from Rocketfish for the Shift. I'm a little sad that I can't see my white phone in the black case but I will eventually order a clear case online so I can see the beautiful white back cover with red and chrome accents.

Well thats it for the moment, I have lots more I want to say about my first impressions with my new Evo. I will add to this post later but if you are with Sprint or switching carriers then I higly recommend the HTC Evo 4G or the HTC Evo Shift 4G with physical keyboard.

I also suggest buying phones from Wirefly they have deals for every carrier and their prices and selection of phones can't be beat, not even by buying directly from the carriers themselves. For example had i bought my phones from Sprint they would have cost several hundred dollars with a new 2 year contract but on Wirefly they were all free. We are talking three of the most powerful devices on the market that retail for $599.00 each for free, try getting the inferior iPhone with that kind of deal.

Let me also mention that 4G service is a lifesaver, its like taking your home wi-fi on the road. I can watch a movie streamed from Netflix in my car on the highway in high definition 720p without so much as a stutter. 4G service from Sprint costs an additional 10 dollars and is mandatory with a 4g device. People pay 50 dollars a month for Wimax in their homes from Clearwire and it is slower than Sprint's 4G service. You can use an Evo to connect your home computers to the Internet and do away with your home internet service provider if you really wanted to.

The only reason I believe HTC is letting these phones go for such great deals is the Evo 3D was just released. I would have liked to get the 3D version but for $179.00 I passed, at this stage I think its just a gimmick anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment